Upcoming Meetings

(including non-HAGSA meetings of interest to HAGSA members)

This page was last updated on August 7, 2018

HAGSA program meetings are on the third Sunday of each month (except June, July, August and December) at 15:00 (3:00pm) at Reason Center, 1824 Tribute Road, Suite A, Sacramento 95815. Parking is free.

HAGSA may also sponsor occasional meetings at other locations. As a courtesy to AOF and other organizations (and sometimes individual people), we also provide links to non-HAGSA events (typically those being held at Reason Center).


Thursday, August 9 at 19:00 to 21:00 (7 to 9 pm)

Reason Center, 1824 Tribute Road, Suite A,
Sacramento 95815. Parking is free.
(See map above.)

Roy Zimmerman: RiZe Up

RiZe Up is ninety minutes of Roy Zimmerman’s original songs, a funny and forceful affirmation of Peace and Social Justice. “Sometimes I think satire is the most hopeful and heartfelt form of expression,” says Roy, “because in calling out the world's absurdities and laughing in their face, I'm affirming the real possibility for change.”

Roy’s songs have been heard on HBO and Showtime, and his videos have garnered tens of millions of views. He has recorded for Warner/Reprise Records. He's shared stages with Bill Maher, Ellen DeGeneres, Holly Near, Robin Williams, Arlo Guthrie, John Oliver, Kate Clinton and George Carlin, and tours the country constantly with his wife and co-writer Melanie Harby.

Roy Zimmerman’s performance is sponsored by HAGSA. A donation of $20 is recommended (more, if you like). Roy will receive 80% of the total; The remaining 20% will be donated to Reason Center.

 

Remaining 2018 Meeting Dates and Locations

Date

 

Event 

 

Location and/or speaker or Hosts


           
August 9  

Roy Zimmerman at Reason Center

           
September 16   Program Meeting   Reason Center (see top of page) *
October 21   Program Meeting   Reason Center (see top of page) *
November 18   Program Meeting   Reason Center (see top of page) *
         

* Room already booked

December

23

  HumanLight/Winter Solstice Celebration  

Reason Center (see top of page)


Select a year below for reports of past meetings.

2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018

 Go to top of page